Stickball Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the OFFICIAL board of the Major League Stickball League and Lancaster Stickball League!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rankings (preliminary)

+7
fab
Franchise23
Miguel SVS
Battman
THE DOC
lightsout
arrjay1
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

76Rankings  (preliminary) - Page 4 Empty Re: Rankings (preliminary) Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:54 pm

Battman

I stand corrected. The playoff format was posted AFTER the season ended rather than before.

77Rankings  (preliminary) - Page 4 Empty Re: Rankings (preliminary) Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:41 pm

Franchise23

THE DOC wrote:Wow u just dont get it. Dude we love stick why play over two days? My time is valuable as should yours be. Playing two days is double gas tolls and time. Cant make it easier for you.

I stand corrected as well. The playoff format that was in place for 20 plus years was changed because Daves time is valuable.

Apparently more valuable than everyone's opinion and vote....

And as far as I can see there is likely one person in the whole league that would have double tolls, I'll give you one guess who's team he's on....

78Rankings  (preliminary) - Page 4 Empty Re: Rankings (preliminary) Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:56 pm

lightsout

CDBookmanandShowtimeCap wrote:Why not have the 1 & 2 seeds host the entire quarter and semi finals this weekend? Have the 1-8, 4-5, and winners play in Murray and have the 2-7, 3-6, and winners play in Albert Leonard? The Ropes and Sluggers will lose their home games, but, as I've mentioned, the Sluggers were going to host their home game in Albert Leonard: Now they're only 5 minutes away. The Ropes, I'd assume, would rather lose their home game in Albert Leonard rather than Queens, but then again, Everyone Hates Chris almost as much as they do ole Albert Leonard Middle School. We used to have 3 9 inning games in the league: This would be 3 7 inning games. Granted, those days were 6 different teams, but even so it's virtually the same concept. And before people complain that the team I am the captain of would have a "home field" advantage in the first round, the team that bats second always has the advantage and Murray is more or less the same dimensions as Albert Leonard. This way, no one has to do any unnecessary driving: You go one place, you stay there as long as you can.

Most logical idea ive read so far. If you guys want to compromise on this one, this is the only way I see it happening ... and if we are going to change anything, lets try to aim by the end of tonight; this way at least we will have a full day to let everyone on every team know of any changes.

79Rankings  (preliminary) - Page 4 Empty Re: Rankings (preliminary) Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:58 pm

arrjay1

arrjay1

thought you guys needed at least a week for change of field.... even when 5 minutes from the other????? Shocked

80Rankings  (preliminary) - Page 4 Empty Re: Rankings (preliminary) Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:12 pm

timbot

lol

81Rankings  (preliminary) - Page 4 Empty Re: Rankings (preliminary) Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:15 pm

Battman

Can the great compromiser come down from the mountain now and let everyone know what is going on so we can plan accordingly?

I'm assuming status quo. Is that about right?

82Rankings  (preliminary) - Page 4 Empty Re: Rankings (preliminary) Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:31 pm

Mackoul

GUYS THE PLAYOFF FORMAT WAS DISCUSSED AT THE WINTER MEETING. THE ONE ONLY A FEW OF US WAS AT. I AM THINKING IT WAS THE SAME FOR THE SPRING AND SUMMER??

83Rankings  (preliminary) - Page 4 Empty Re: Rankings (preliminary) Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:53 pm

Battman

Maybe, but the results of the meeting were not conveyed to me. Steve and Bill didn't know about it. AJ didn't know about it. I found out the last week of season and it doesn't make sense. Whatever the case, I will play wherever. I still think though, especially now that Rocco and his team were willing to do all the heavy lifting, that to make everyone drive all over the place like we are doing now is wrong and doesn't make sense.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum