Stickball Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the OFFICIAL board of the Major League Stickball League and Lancaster Stickball League!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rankings (preliminary)

+7
fab
Franchise23
Miguel SVS
Battman
THE DOC
lightsout
arrjay1
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51Rankings  (preliminary) - Page 3 Empty Re: Rankings (preliminary) Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:36 pm

THE DOC

At least we all agree that whatever the scenerio we curse out dave either way unless u get the one seed then prob hear crickets....any way u slice it players from all 8 teams are traveling far in any scenerio...we got just a few wks left (hopefully) to play lets enjoy whst we got left. I am amenable to what u propose however our game would have to start at 1030 and the 4-5 will be 930....not happy that all teams in this case make concessions EXCEPT for one but sometimes u need to give the squeaky wheel grease so it doesnt drive u crazy...I will make some calls and feel the temp of the other guys...

52Rankings  (preliminary) - Page 3 Empty Re: Rankings (preliminary) Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:57 am

fab

ok so who is playing who.... pls advise

53Rankings  (preliminary) - Page 3 Empty Re: Rankings (preliminary) Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:31 pm

arrjay1

arrjay1

[quote="Franchise23"][quote="arrjay1"]
Franchise23 wrote: Honestly I wouldn't know how I would react unless I was in the position.

Steve Chodan(or Joe).... feel free to answer at anytime.....

As soon as you do, the Ropes will take this into consideration...

WOULD YOUR TEAM ACTUALLY DO WHAT YOU ARE ASKING US TO DO..?

(why should we even discuss it, until an honest answer about what your team would do is given to us?)

54Rankings  (preliminary) - Page 3 Empty Re: Rankings (preliminary) Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:40 pm

Battman

I thought I gave my feelings on this already. If I was you I would be extremely pissed (as I often have been in this league), but I would go play where I was asked.

I don't know how to prove this other than to say that when I received a schedule with more away games than home games I didn't call to complain. When Dave re-scheduled our game with you from Murray to Albert Leonard, and you asked for it to be switched back to Murray, I said no problem we'll play at Murray. When I am missing guys I never ask the other team to move the game, I just go play short handed. I have had to bite my lips numerous times over decisions my team disagreed with. In this case, I spoke out because I think having half the teams play in Queens, at the time and expense of those teams who deserved home field is VERY wrong.

My sincere wish was that you and Dave didn't have the same home field, because I have no interest in depriving you of what your team earned. I really don't. Which is why I think this format is so wrong. Also, I think a "real" vote should be taken over the off-season to resolve this issue in a way that is democratic to "all" teams.

55Rankings  (preliminary) - Page 3 Empty Re: Rankings (preliminary) Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:18 pm

arrjay1

arrjay1

Joe, so you are saying that if you were the three seed, you would go play at Bruckner, which is the other (6 seed) team's home field, and if you won, you would then agree to then drive back to westchester to likely play at the two seed's home field.... even though the commissioner has DECREED that the two and three seeds are BOTH supposed to be playing at neutral fields...

yes or no.... ..... so it's on record

56Rankings  (preliminary) - Page 3 Empty Re: Rankings (preliminary) Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:34 pm

Battman

Rocco, if we have to play in Queens we will play there. I have been honest and above board with my comments. If I was you I think I would in fact do what you are being asked to do, and yes I would be angry and disgusted about it. I would also reconsider ever putting a team in this league again, because of all the BS.

Again, I have made my feelings clear:
1)I think the top 4 teams should have home field.
2)I wish we were playing playoff games on Sat and Sun like we used to(which would have solved this issue)
3)I wish you had different home fields (which would have avoided this problem)

I'm not saying you aren't being asked to do more than others. You are being asked. And it's due to bad decision making on the league's part. But if things are going to be fucked up then I think the lesser of multiple evils is to have one team be wronged instead of everyone being wronged. The same thing would happen if we voted on this... some would be happy and some might not, but at least it would be democratic.

The last thing I can say is that if Dave meant what he said when he said he doesn't care where he plays, and it doesn't matter to him, then as commissioner he should offer to play at Bruckner and then have the 4 and 5 seeds come play him at Bruckner. That would be the absolute least amount of inconvenience for all. Why he has not offered to do this, especially when he has players coming from down south, I don't know.

57Rankings  (preliminary) - Page 3 Empty Re: Rankings (preliminary) Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:50 pm

arrjay1

arrjay1

Battman wrote:The last thing I can say is that if Dave meant what he said when he said he doesn't care where he plays, and it doesn't matter to him, then as commissioner he should offer to play at Bruckner and then have the 4 and 5 seeds come play him at Bruckner. That would be the absolute least amount of inconvenience for all. Why he has not offered to do this, especially when he has players coming from down south, I don't know.

Well Dave the balls in your court.... silent

58Rankings  (preliminary) - Page 3 Empty Re: Rankings (preliminary) Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:39 pm

THE DOC

The format is as originally stated. If we change it it only pacifies one team and inconveniences the rest from where we stated originally. The format may not be what you guys want but it is what it is for a reason. To get two rounds in one day and mimick the regular season. Yes it does have an inconvenience of displacing most teams but with so few fields the only way its possible is two teams in queens two in westchester. One of my biggest critics AJ agrees that if this was such a big issue it should have been brought up BEFORE the rankings came out like at field day or in the summer. A lot of players travel far to get to any of our fields so to travel 1 hr would be 4 hours if you played sat n sun plus double tolls n kill two days. This isnt rocket science. If our team wasnt the 1 seed as it wasnt the past two seasons we would havr no problem playing wherever. Having the ropes play at bruckner is better than queens but requires our game to get pushed to 1030 and makes the 4-5 travel farther. Im willing to make those concessions but it really only pleases the ballers....

59Rankings  (preliminary) - Page 3 Empty Re: Rankings (preliminary) Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:03 pm

arrjay1

arrjay1

THE DOC wrote:Having the ropes play at bruckner is better than queens but requires our game to get pushed to 1030 and makes the 4-5 travel farther. Im willing to make those concessions but it really only pleases the ballers....

It's nice that you are willing to "make concessions" when its the ropes that will jump around, but not your own team. You PROCLAIMED this to be the format...when everyone else at the meeting didn't want it.

Now that you have to take some heat for it... you have 2x now, quickly agreed to the Ropes moving, but not your own team..... Evil or Very Mad

60Rankings  (preliminary) - Page 3 Empty Re: Rankings (preliminary) Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:07 pm

THE DOC

Let's not forget that I was my idea to have the captains vote years ago to have us feel like part of the league administration but it showed me over the years that each captain has his own agenda n it is too hard to get a bunch of guys to agree on whats best for the league. Guys should make a point to get to meetings but rarely did but few like rocco and his teams. I should have taken Bill's advice years ago and do what he did....just shut off the phone after you make a decision. Even after screaming at me he later told me he knows its a thankless job. Everyone tells me they know of no other league where the plsyers just outright defy and disrespect the comissioner when they dont get what they want. Im doing the best I can. We all have much tighter schedules now that slit of us are nolonger 23 and most of us are. To me it is a no Brainer to play two 7 in games on sat nomatter what the field situation is. Its the same for both teams at any field and there is no "home crowd" to cheer you. Yeah it sucked back In 1991 where nj had like 10 teams but not one home playoff game in nj at all. We played 4 games in brooklyn or li and didnt care.

61Rankings  (preliminary) - Page 3 Empty Re: Rankings (preliminary) Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:38 pm

aj

blah blah blah same shit every year always some issue about something some team benefiting temselves
just set up the games. not gona mater anyway because no way snow gonna melt in time fo sat

62Rankings  (preliminary) - Page 3 Empty Re: Rankings (preliminary) Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:08 pm

THE DOC

Its almost gone now.

63Rankings  (preliminary) - Page 3 Empty Re: Rankings (preliminary) Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:06 pm

Franchise23

THE DOC wrote:At least we all agree that whatever the scenerio we curse out dave either way unless u get the one seed then prob hear crickets....any way u slice it players from all 8 teams are traveling far in any scenerio...we got just a few wks left (hopefully) to play lets enjoy whst we got left. I am amenable to what u propose however our game would have to start at 1030 and the 4-5 will be 930....not happy that all teams in this case make concessions EXCEPT for one but sometimes u need to give the squeaky wheel grease so it doesnt drive u crazy...I will make some calls and feel the temp of the other guys...

Funny I was thinking the exact same thing. Every team in the league is making a concession EXCEPT for one.

That is the truest thing you have ever said. Every team is playing 2 games on Saturday because you have guys on your team who would prefer to not play on Sunday. For anyone who didn't know this already, this is the reason you have 2 Saturday games.

Nice job trying to spin that and get people to forget that we are all trying to figure out an easier way to swallow this shit sandwich you are force feeding down the throat of the league, after everyone who voted said they didn't want it.

The squeaky wheel doesn't get the oil Dave, but the Raging Bulls always get lubed up nicely by you.

Rocco,

I know I went on a rant responding to your last question, if I was the 3 seed and the 1 seed had the same home field as my team, I would prefer playing in the Bronx vs. Queens. Yes I would be pissed and don't blame you for feeling the way you do at all.

64Rankings  (preliminary) - Page 3 Empty Re: Rankings (preliminary) Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:36 pm

THE DOC

The condiscending attitude is exactly what im talking about. You may not believe it but NONE of my players care about Sundays and all are more than willing to play sundays. Even rock, when he qualifies works late on sundays of playoff games. To accuse me of putting my team ahead of the league is blatantly wrong and completely innacurate, not to mention very insulting. Shit sandwich, really? Throwing barbs at me only makes u look bad. I do so much for this league I dont need players to call me names when things dont go their way. Especially guys who have won championships...do u think guys who have not really feel sorry for u or any other top team? Plesse cut it out I would never and never did talk to ur dad like this over the years, I simply respected his decisions and dealt with it, as should you.

65Rankings  (preliminary) - Page 3 Empty Re: Rankings (preliminary) Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:24 pm

Franchise23

Ok so prove it. The weather is calling for a nice weekend, no rain to worry about. Since no one ever wanted to do 2 Saturday games, and your team doesn't have a problem with it than change it to Saturday and Sunday.

Worried about travel?

So your solution to that is to have 3 Westchester teams, that should be playing in Westchester travel to Queens, and have 1 Queens team that should be playing in Queens, travel to Westchester.

You have an opportunity to give the league what they want.

Your reasons are weather and travel, weather won't be an issue, and the travel would be better for the majority of the teams.

If your team doesn't have a problem with Sunday than this should be an easy decision right?

66Rankings  (preliminary) - Page 3 Empty Re: Rankings (preliminary) Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:36 pm

THE DOC

Wow u just dont get it. Dude we love stick why play over two days? My time is valuable as should yours be. Playing two days is double gas tolls and time. Cant make it easier for you.

67Rankings  (preliminary) - Page 3 Empty Re: Rankings (preliminary) Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:44 pm

Battman

Actually the consensus seems to be that YOU don't get it Dave. But you are in charge.

68Rankings  (preliminary) - Page 3 Empty Re: Rankings (preliminary) Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:51 pm

fab

So who am i playing.. anyone is it the ropes or ballers can either Joey batts or Rocco pls reply thanks!

69Rankings  (preliminary) - Page 3 Empty Re: Rankings (preliminary) Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:55 pm

Battman

fab wrote:So who am i playing.. anyone is it the ropes or ballers can either Joey batts or Rocco pls reply thanks!

Isn't it strange that no one actually knows what is going on other than Dave, because this format was never written down anywhere? Supposedly its the rule, but I can't find it anywhere.

Spring all 8 teams are in, Summer only 6 of 8 teams get in, Fall all 8 again. I don't care what it is, but if it was written down and disseminated prior to the last week of season none of this would be happening.

70Rankings  (preliminary) - Page 3 Empty Re: Rankings (preliminary) Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:11 pm

CDBookmanandShowtimeCap

CDBookmanandShowtimeCap

Guys, let's do each other a favor and stop arguing with one another because it does nobody any good and hurts the league. If I may suggest, we have 6 teams based in New York State and the two teams that are based in Queens were playing up here this weekend anyway. We also have a gasoline situation where getting gas in your car is like finding a Dodo bird in your glove compartment. Why not have the 1 & 2 seeds host the entire quarter and semi finals this weekend? Have the 1-8, 4-5, and winners play in Murray and have the 2-7, 3-6, and winners play in Albert Leonard? The Ropes and Sluggers will lose their home games, but, as I've mentioned, the Sluggers were going to host their home game in Albert Leonard: Now they're only 5 minutes away. The Ropes, I'd assume, would rather lose their home game in Albert Leonard rather than Queens, but then again, Everyone Hates Chris almost as much as they do ole Albert Leonard Middle School. We used to have 3 9 inning games in the league: This would be 3 7 inning games. Granted, those days were 6 different teams, but even so it's virtually the same concept. And before people complain that the team I am the captain of would have a "home field" advantage in the first round, the team that bats second always has the advantage and Murray is more or less the same dimensions as Albert Leonard. This way, no one has to do any unnecessary driving: You go one place, you stay there as long as you can.

71Rankings  (preliminary) - Page 3 Empty Re: Rankings (preliminary) Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:12 pm

Franchise23

THE DOC wrote:Wow u just dont get it. Dude we love stick why play over two days? My time is valuable as should yours be. Playing two days is double gas tolls and time. Cant make it easier for you.

Exactly what I thought.

Keep making decisions that are agInst what everyone wants.

I wonder what the format will look like when there are only 3 teams left in the league. I guess we will find out in a few years.

72Rankings  (preliminary) - Page 3 Empty Re: Rankings (preliminary) Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:18 pm

fab

Hey Carmine who am i playing?

73Rankings  (preliminary) - Page 3 Empty Re: Rankings (preliminary) Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:19 pm

CDBookmanandShowtimeCap

CDBookmanandShowtimeCap

Fabriz, you're playing me. It's you and me in a 1 on 1 Hell in a Cell match! You guys are playing the Ropes: We just don't really know where right now.

74Rankings  (preliminary) - Page 3 Empty Re: Rankings (preliminary) Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:42 pm

THE DOC

Carmine in that scenario you have the first game being played then the winner waits an entire 7 inning game to play a third game. It will get dark by then...

75Rankings  (preliminary) - Page 3 Empty Re: Rankings (preliminary) Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:54 pm

THE DOC

Fab it was the first thing posted on page 1 before the Complaining took over.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum