Stickball Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the OFFICIAL board of the Major League Stickball League and Lancaster Stickball League!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rankings (preliminary)

+7
fab
Franchise23
Miguel SVS
Battman
THE DOC
lightsout
arrjay1
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Rankings  (preliminary) Empty Rankings (preliminary) Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:11 pm

arrjay1

arrjay1

1. Bulls 12-2

2. Ballers 10-4 (Head to Head)

3. Ropes 10-4

4. Sluggers 8-6

5. Gas House 6-8

6. Stickem-up 5-9

7. Tornadoes 3-11

8. Pistols 2-12

2Rankings  (preliminary) Empty Re: Rankings (preliminary) Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:41 pm

lightsout

anyone stop by murray lately? I heard its in rough shape ....

3Rankings  (preliminary) Empty playoffs Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:19 pm

THE DOC

We need ti make sure our fields are ok before sat...if ok the games will be 1-8 @ murray 2-7 @ electric 3-6 @ oceania and 4-5 @ Albert Leonard. 4-5 Winner will play at murray and 3-6 winner goes to electric. Good luck to all!

4Rankings  (preliminary) Empty Re: Rankings (preliminary) Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:06 am

arrjay1

arrjay1

Spongeballers have been at Oceania on Saturdays often this Fall. Why would we assume they won't be there this Saturday? Could force teams to be hanging around all day long.

5Rankings  (preliminary) Empty Re: Rankings (preliminary) Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:58 am

Battman

THE DOC wrote:We need ti make sure our fields are ok before sat...if ok the games will be 1-8 @ murray 2-7 @ electric 3-6 @ oceania and 4-5 @ Albert Leonard. 4-5 Winner will play at murray and 3-6 winner goes to electric. Good luck to all!

Can you have someone check my field for me ahead of time? It's nowhere near me and I'm never in that neighborhood.

6Rankings  (preliminary) Empty Re: Rankings (preliminary) Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:59 pm

arrjay1

arrjay1

Battman wrote:
THE DOC wrote:We need ti make sure our fields are ok before sat...if ok the games will be 1-8 @ murray 2-7 @ electric 3-6 @ oceania and 4-5 @ Albert Leonard. 4-5 Winner will play at murray and 3-6 winner goes to electric. Good luck to all!

Can you have someone check my field for me ahead of time? It's nowhere near me and I'm never in that neighborhood.

lol same here. most of our team still have no power, and none of us live anywhere near Queens.

..and even if Oceania is in good condition... if the Spongeballers are playing, there is no alternate field to go to. So either we aint playing or we are not starting until noon. Very Happy

7Rankings  (preliminary) Empty hurricane Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:06 pm

THE DOC

Guys, im getting reports of guys without power still and some without gas to drive. Also fields may have fallen trees. Please text me with the status of ur team in case we need to postpone untill next week.... Crying or Very sad

8Rankings  (preliminary) Empty Re: Rankings (preliminary) Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:01 pm

Battman

THE DOC wrote:Guys, im getting reports of guys without power still and some without gas to drive. Also fields may have fallen trees. Please text me with the status of ur team in case we need to postpone until next week.... Crying or Very sad

Dave, I am not driving to Queens to ascertain the condition of someone else's field. Can you have someone in the area of Electric check it out?

9Rankings  (preliminary) Empty Re: Rankings (preliminary) Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:10 pm

THE DOC

I asked guys from queens to check. U can check Albert Leonard if its nearby

10Rankings  (preliminary) Empty Re: Rankings (preliminary) Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:40 pm

Battman

I will take a look when I get a chance. Doesn't Jimmy live closer to the field though?

11Rankings  (preliminary) Empty Re: Rankings (preliminary) Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:30 pm

THE DOC

Hes chekn murray

12Rankings  (preliminary) Empty Field status Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:42 pm

Miguel SVS

I'll check electric and Oceania tomorrow and maybe Buckner Twisted Evil
I'll let you all know.

13Rankings  (preliminary) Empty Re: Rankings (preliminary) Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:49 pm

THE DOC

Bruckner is ok but we wont need it unless another field is unplayable....right now we have at least 6 guys from 3 different teams that cannot play due to no power or gasoline. I am leaning to move games to Sunday or next sat. I will try to decide by tomorrow but I need input from u guys to tell me if guys r in trouble....let me know thanks.

14Rankings  (preliminary) Empty Re: Rankings (preliminary) Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:21 am

Battman

THE DOC wrote:Bruckner is ok but we wont need it unless another field is unplayable....right now we have at least 6 guys from 3 different teams that cannot play due to no power or gasoline. I am leaning to move games to Sunday or next sat. I will try to decide by tomorrow but I need input from u guys to tell me if guys r in trouble....let me know thanks.

My guys are available to play.

15Rankings  (preliminary) Empty Re: Rankings (preliminary) Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:15 am

arrjay1

arrjay1

New York City Marathon is Sunday.....

16Rankings  (preliminary) Empty Re: Rankings (preliminary) Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:19 am

Miguel SVS

My guys are ready to play and gas house also we're good we'll be playing this weekend

17Rankings  (preliminary) Empty Re: Rankings (preliminary) Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:01 am

THE DOC

Cant have some teams play and others not. Either we all go or its next week. I should know by noon today...

18Rankings  (preliminary) Empty Re: Rankings (preliminary) Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:33 pm

lightsout

THE DOC wrote:Cant have some teams play and others not. Either we all go or its next week. I should know by noon today...

might be the same deal next week though....this hurricane was pretty epic. I vote for getting in whatever we can whenever we can. I've heard estimates of no power in certain homes for the next 2 weeks.

19Rankings  (preliminary) Empty Re: Rankings (preliminary) Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:45 pm

THE DOC

We will play 11/10 unless things worsen. All be safe n good luck gettn gasoline. Sux not playing...

20Rankings  (preliminary) Empty Re: Rankings (preliminary) Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:58 pm

lightsout

in the majors they dont cancel all games if a couple get rained out - that doesn't make any sense to me but its your call.

21Rankings  (preliminary) Empty Re: Rankings (preliminary) Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:00 pm

Battman

All or none for our league is not the worst idea, but I think some things about playoffs should be re-looked at this off season.

22Rankings  (preliminary) Empty Re: Rankings (preliminary) Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:09 pm

THE DOC

It's always been that way otherwise teams can use the same pitcher twice

23Rankings  (preliminary) Empty Re: Rankings (preliminary) Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:25 pm

Battman

THE DOC wrote:It's always been that way otherwise teams can use the same pitcher twice

I already said "all or none" is not the worst idea. You gave one of the reasons why.

However, we should look at some other things for potential change. You told me I was the only one who disagreed with some policies and in speaking with others I have found that to be completely untrue.

24Rankings  (preliminary) Empty Re: Rankings (preliminary) Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:33 pm

THE DOC

You can please some of the people some of the time but never all the people all of the time. Most of us have work and/or families and cant committ to two days of stickball for single games with twice the travel and tolls when it all can be done in one day as it is all season long. Most of us just want to play and dont care about trivial things like field locstion since it effects bith teams equally and helps neither. To me its a simple solution that also addresses playoff rain now we can play on sunday. A shame only a few showed to rules meeting maybe a better turn out next year.

25Rankings  (preliminary) Empty Re: Rankings (preliminary) Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:25 pm

lightsout

just exactly who's bright idea was it to have the #2 travel? and apparently this was decided at the rules meeting? lolwut - come on.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum