Stickball Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the OFFICIAL board of the Major League Stickball League and Lancaster Stickball League!

You are not connected. Please login or register

MLSB Fall Season Finals, November 17, 2012

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

CDBookmanandShowtimeCap

CDBookmanandShowtimeCap

The Fall is now winding down to its end. The two teams that remain come from completely different sides of the league: One is here for their first visit while the other tries to earn another trophy during this, their third straight visit of 2012. They both are able to do great things on the field and now settle the final score for the last championship of this fine year:

#4 (10 – 6) Shadyville Sluggers vs. #3 (12 – 4) Frozen Ropes
With the group the Sluggers are able to put together, there’s no surprise they won themselves the games necessary to be where here after only five years in the league. Marvin Rosario was the rock that kept their offense in both games as he pitched the quarter and semi-finals, mustering up 14 innings, yielding only 2 runs combined, as well as 33 strikeouts. Miguel Cabezas did the work in the opener as he hit two homers and drove in all 3 runs then went a single shy of the cycle in the second game to send home another 3 runs. Robert DeBella added his 2 run shot in the semi-final game to also help land his team a chance at the title. They will try their hand at the three time finalist, two time defending champ Frozen Ropes. Steve Yurchak proved he is, without a shadow of a doubt, one of the most prolific post game performers the league has ever known. After going a triple short of the cycle in the quarterfinal, he threw a no hitter, struck out 14, and went a single shy of the cycle to propel his team to two wins from a three-peat. Rocco Justice and Kyle Lucas added homeruns in the first game as well while Anthony Yurchak struck out 17 and gave up only 1 run. These squads are set and ready to put on quite the show. The matchup is a compelling one where anything can happen for one side or the other. Will a new champion be crowned or can the most recent kings of the court continue their league dominance?

Franchise23

I heard the games are in Staten Island. Dave thought that would reduce travel.

Good luck to both teams. I like the guys on the Ropes, but i'm polling for Jay to get one!

arrjay1

arrjay1

Franchise23 wrote:I heard the games are in Staten Island. Dave thought that would reduce travel.

Good luck to both teams. I like the guys on the Ropes, but i'm polling for Jay to get one!

Is Polling a new type of kinky sex thing that I'm unaware of??? Shocked

timbot

I would have loved staten island lol.. 10 minute drive!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum