Stickball Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the OFFICIAL board of the Major League Stickball League and Lancaster Stickball League!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Concession

+4
fab
THE DOC
Franchise23
arrjay1
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Concession Empty Concession Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:14 am

arrjay1

arrjay1

After a team discussion, the Ropes have decided that we will agree to play Fab's team at his field in the Bronx. (as the home team)... We don't care much for the Queens fields anyway, and expect this will put an end to all the bickering. The winner can go to Albert Leonard to face the other winner directly.

I know the Ballers are happy, Very Happy (Your Welcome)...

and Dave should be as well,...(even though they don't care where they play.. Rolling Eyes
)

Hopefully this solves everything for the good of the league. cheers

2Concession Empty Re: Concession Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:50 am

Franchise23

Too bad Dave said that this is not happening, see you in Queens......

3Concession Empty Re: Concession Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:15 am

THE DOC

The 4-5 matchup does not and should not have to go to murray sat afternoon from Oceania. I spoke with the other captains as well and they like the format as is. We can try to hash out changes over the winter but I dont see any unless we get back to 16 teams.

4Concession Empty Re: Concession Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:48 am

Franchise23

Didn't Miguel suggest this option? I'm confused.

5Concession Empty Re: Concession Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:51 pm

fab

is it one and done, or do losers play a second game? Please advise and for arguments sake can some pls put names of teams facing one another and so forth thanks guys

6Concession Empty Re: Concession Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:58 pm

arrjay1

arrjay1

Franchise23 wrote:Too bad Dave said that this is not happening, see you in Queens......

Dave this is ridiculous... No wonder nobody wants to play in the league anymore....

We should all just pack it in....This bullshit has got to stop..

We know Ballers, Ropes, Gas House, and Fab(should be unless crazy) are in favor.....thats half the league already.

(obviously Tornadoes don't want this but when you are the seven seed, you don't get alot of leverage....)

According to this, Miguel is in favor:

Miguel SVS wrote:1&8 @ Murray 2&7 @ Albert Lenard 3&6 @ Buckner 4&5 @ Oceania. lower seed teams should travel more then the higher seed teams being that all top teams are over the bridge the they should stay on that side of the bridge they deserve it. That should solve all the traveling issues. Twisted Evil

So far thats 5-1 in favor..... Pistols are at Murray already.... so even if they are against this it still changes nothing for them... for argument sake lets say they are against... that makes it 5-2 without Dave's vote... seems like a no-brainer....

Heres what Dave previously said:

THE DOC wrote: I am amenable to what u propose however our game would have to start at 1030 and the 4-5 will be 930....

THE DOC wrote: Im willing to make those concessions .....

What changed besides the tornadoes not wanting to come to westchester?, which you can't blame them for, but in the old system they would still have to do this anyway...

the only reason they don't now is because Dave forced this upon everyone...

So by my calculations...even if 3 teams are against it...it still only inconveniences 1 of them..

5 - 3 is the majority

Last edited by arrjay1 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:36 pm; edited 3 times in total

7Concession Empty Re: Concession Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:13 pm

timbot

so now we're playing in queens?!?!?!

8Concession Empty Re: Concession Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:32 pm

fab

lol IM FREAKING CONFUSED SO WHERE WE AT?
Smile

9Concession Empty Re: Concession Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:45 pm

arrjay1

arrjay1

IF THE SPONGEBALLERS ARE AT OCEANIA (WHICH IS VERY VERY POSSIBLE), I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT WE WILL NOT BE HANGING AROUND UNTIL 11:00 WHEN THEY FINISH! Evil or Very Mad

10Concession Empty Re: Concession Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:22 pm

THE DOC

Carmine the captain of the team is for the format and thinks the team that wins 4-5 shouldnshouldnot drive to murray after.

11Concession Empty Re: Concession Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:28 pm

arrjay1

arrjay1

THE DOC wrote:Carmine the captain of the team is for the format and thinks the team that wins 4-5 shouldnshouldnot drive to murray after.

thats only because he's driving them back afterwards......

If the Spongeballers are there, we ARE NOT waiting...

12Concession Empty Re: Concession Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:30 pm

CDBookmanandShowtimeCap

CDBookmanandShowtimeCap

Trust me guys: with traffic and everything, traveling from the Bronx to Albert Leonard or Murray is going to take 30 - 45 minutes: OCEANIA to MURRAY? That's going to take at least 45 minutes. If that is the case, you might as well start at 8:30 in Albert Leonard and Murray with the Ballers/Tornadoes, Bulls/Pistols. Have the Ropes then host the Stick'M Up at Murray (home field for the higher seed) and the Sluggers host the Gas House Gang in Albert Leonard, then have those winners travel to the other fields in Westchester (i.e. 3-6 winner plays 2-7 winner in Albert Leonard while 4-5 winner plays 1-8 winner in Murray), or do it the original way I said it where the 1-8 and 4-5 play in Murray while 2-7 and 3-6 play in Albert Leonard. However, THE WRITE UPS HAVE SPOKEN! This is something that needs to be ironed out in the winter meetings. I will say though, not to anger anyone, but I actually went to the winter meetings this year, for a short while, and was asked if I wanted to keep it the way it is. I said "Yeah, sure" so blame me for this mess if you wish.

13Concession Empty Re: Concession Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:31 pm

CDBookmanandShowtimeCap

CDBookmanandShowtimeCap

Well, I do appreciate playing in Albert Leonard, but I've also been suggesting the 3 game format where EVERYONE plays up here.

14Concession Empty Re: Concession Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:33 pm

CDBookmanandShowtimeCap

CDBookmanandShowtimeCap

Rock, the spongeballers will not be in Oceania. I have murdered them---I mean, I have pursued them to leave.

15Concession Empty Re: Concession Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:43 pm

THE DOC

We can't play 3 games at 1 field it would take too long and the first team would have to wait 2 hours for the third game and it would get to dark by then

16Concession Empty Re: Concession Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:53 pm

CDBookmanandShowtimeCap

CDBookmanandShowtimeCap

Right, so it will remain as originally projected: 1-8 in Murray, 4-5 in Albert Leonard - winners play in Murray. 2-7 in Electric, 3-6 in Oceania - winners play in Electric. I assume this is accurate. This keeps from people having to sit around waiting 40+ minutes for their opponents to drive from Pulaski Park to Albert Leonard and Oceania from Murray (add probably 10 more minutes for bridge traffic, and you never know if your teammates might get lost or misdirected on the way, not to mention the amount of gas driving south to north to south and so on during a time when gas is being "rationed" and all that).

17Concession Empty Re: Concession Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:29 pm

Mackoul

GUYS, WHO REALLY CARES...JUST PLAY. WE WILL RESOLVE THIS AT THE WINTER MEETING. I THINK YOU ALL SHOULD ATTEND SINCE NO ONE EVER COMES. COME TO THE MEETING, AND THINGS GET FUCKING RESOLVED...

18Concession Empty Re: Concession Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:59 pm

Battman

Last word I have on this is that as Rocco stated, the majority are not for this. Other than that, I am looking forward to playing ball.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum